Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter at the Wade's














Where does time go? If you think you are going to keep up with our lives through this blog, I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you.

We just finished the Easter Season, a time of year that I am especially thankful for. Easter celebrates the day Jesus arose from the dead, and it's because of Easter that I live today! I'm thankful that I know Jesus in a very living and personal way.

Prior to Easter Sunday, we had our annual Preacher's Convention. My topic this year was "The Innerman." I'm thankful that the "innerman" can be made anew! Convention was generally good, and I appreciate the Spirit of God I felt in our midst. All that said, convention can also be very wearing on the "outerman."


Sunday afternoon we had some friend over for lunch and had an Easter egg hunt for the children. I filled over 160 of those plastic eggs. After the Easter egg hunt, we had the children count their eggs. I think we were still missing some, but the problem is - we don't know where we hid them! The children seemed to enjoy themselves, and we enjoyed the company of our friends.
I'll try to be a little more faithful in my posts - but remember, I said "try!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe how big your boys have grown. I guess it has been years since I have seen you all. I enjoyed seeing your blog. Dana M.

Anonymous said...

I can not believe how big your boys have grown. I guess it has been years since I have seen you all. I enjoyed seeing your blog. Dana M.